Dear God like Friend, Loving Pranams, Greetings.
As per the teachings of the Vedas and Yoga Vedanta, life is a series of celebrations. These are:
Types of Celebrations
- The celebration of conception,
- The Celebration of the birth
- Celebration of the first birthday
- Celebration of ear-piercing (Karna Vedha),
- Celebration of Vidhyarambha (commencement of formal learning or schooling),
- Celebration of Bratopanayanam, school graduation, college graduation, University graduation, entering a job or profession,
- Engagement Ceremony,
- Marriage ceremony,
- Wedding anniversary.
Last but not least is the funeral ceremony, which is followed up by annual Shraddha ceremonies. Many more are there. These are costly affairs. Lots of money and wealth are required. So, earning lots of money is a big deal. This comes from Dharma or duties, professional, material, and spiritual activities.
Performance of Duties
dhana arjiba dhama kari dharme praapata narahariOriya Bhagabat Mahapuranam
Earn wealth by performing your duties. By performing your duties, in the right spirit, you attain God-Realization. So, by performing one’s own duties, one achieves more than 2 benefits:
- One earns sufficient money and wealth to have one’s material needs fulfilled.
- By remaining active, one achieves physical health, mental health, and fitness.
- One realizes one’s universal and cosmic harmony.
In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna refers to this as:
निमित्तमात्रं भव सव्यसाचिन्
nimitta-matram bhava savya-sachinThe Bhagavad Gita
O’ Arjuna, be a part, an agent of the Supreme. This attitude will help to overcome the bondage of the Natural Law of Karma and Karma Phala (Action and its Results), which prevent God-Realization, and, is the cause of all sufferings, physical, mental and intellectual.
May you enjoy God’s love and Blessing every day, every moment.
With Love and Blessings to you. Humbly,
Paramahansa Atmananda Ji